GIS Map Expert
GIS Map Expert
Job Reference: LM009
Expected starting date: November 2020
Duration: 4 Years
The Herpetofauna Albanian Society (HAS) seeks a GIS map expert to join the LIFE MEDTURTLES project. The winning candidate will work for a total of 20 days for:
(a) Implementation of activity C6 “Reducing the impact of ghost gears in turtles” through:
• Realization of GIS maps, for the exact location of lost networks at sea and their presentation in the report of lost networks internationally.
(b) Implementation of activity C3 “Marine hot-spot areas for sea turtles: dynamic
fishery management” through:
• Realization of GIS maps for sea turtle hotsport areas along the 3 study areas (Drini Bay, Vlora Bay, Seman-Divjakë), and their presentation on the maps that will be produced in order to inform fishermen about the areas with high presence of sea turtles.
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Engineering or Information Technology
PREFERRED SELETION CRITERIA
Applicants are encouraged to apply and priority will be given to candidates with a Master in GIS. Applicants with experience in carrying out wildlife conservation and management activities, especially those related to sea turtles, with previous experience working with SAC, as well as knowledge in ArcGIS, may be given priority.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge in: GIS maps.
Skills: good quantitative and in the use of field equipment; in compiling research studies, conducting field research, collecting and organizing data; in performing quantitative data analysis; work both independently and in collaborative projects; in the use of problem-solving techniques; use software for database, statistical, graphical, and word processing applications; review the technical literature and prepare written scientific reports, to understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding the conduct provided by the employer; work in the field (sometimes in extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, rain, etc.), sometimes for long hours and travel for several days.
All applicants must send to email@example.com before 31st August 2020, 16.00 (GMT+2) the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover letter
4. Copy of the degrees (Bachelor, Master, PhD)
5. Copy of the certificate of English (if any)
6. Copy of other certificates and/or qualifications
7. Copy of the employment certificate
8. Criminal record certificate, or self-declaration form
Only those who meet the requirements for the positions will be considered. Please make sure to include job reference LM009 in the subject of your email when applying.
The HAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.