Job Reference: LM010
Expected starting date: September 2020
Duration: 2 Years
The Albanian Herpetofauna Association (SHHSH) is looking to hire a fisherman to join the LIFE MEDTURTLES project. The winning candidate will Will work for 10 days in total for:
a) implementation of activity C6 “Reducing the impact of ghost gears in turtles” through:
• Finding the location of lost nets at sea around the Drini Bay
• Organizing boat expeditions in key areas of the presence of lost nets in the waters of the Drini Bay which become a cause for the stagnation of sea turtles.
• Organizing work on the removal of lost nets at sea around the Drini Bay and placing them in specific nets of nets located in 2 ports, which will be managed by the Fisheries Management Organization (FMO).
High school. 5-year experience in fishing.
PREFERRED SELETION CRITERIA
Candidates who have a boat licensed in the fisheries management bodies will be encouraged to apply and will be given priority. Applicants with experience conducting wildlife conservation and management activities, especially pertaining to sea turtles, with previous collaborations with HAS, and with ArcGIS knowledge, may also be given preference.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
Knowledge in: biology, ecology and marine turtle conservation biology with experience mainly in nesting ecology, populations and habitat use; sampling, and statistics related to research. Skills: good quantitative and in the use of field equipment; in compiling research studies, conducting field research, collecting and organizing data; in performing quantitative data analysis; work both independently and in collaborative projects; in the use of problem-solving techniques; to understand and apply the rules, regulations, policies and procedures regarding the conduct provided by the employer; work in the field (sometimes in extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, rain, etc.), sometimes for long hours and travel for several days.
All applicants must send to email@example.com before 03 August 2020, 16.00 (GMT+2)
the following documents:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover letter
4. Copy of the degrees (High school)
5. Copy of the certificate of English (if any)
6. Copy of other certificates and/or qualifications (if any)
7. Copy of the employment certificate
8. Criminal record certificate, or self-declaration form
9. Boat license issued by fisheries management authorities
Only those who meet the requirements for the positions will be considered. Please make sure to include job reference LM010 in the subject of your email when applying.
The HAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.